Pastor Bence and his wife have been involved in ministry for over 25 years working in different areas such as children’s ministry, music, preaching, teaching, outreach, and community service. Pastor Bence has an associate’s and bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in counseling with a focus on marriage and family. Over the years he has worked as a lay counselor where he counsels individuals, couples, and conducts group counseling sessions that help others overcome mental health challenges. Pastor Bence’s family plays a large part in his ministry, and he will often share stories from their life which includes his wife and three children (the fourth child is the family dog named Roxy). The messages that are preached contain encouragement, humor, inspiration, and motivation for growth in an individual’s own relationship with God.
- In the Bible as the inerrant, inspired Word of God.
- The Trinity, consisting of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
- In the virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- That Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead to save us from our sins.
- That we are saved by faith alone, not by works.
- In living a life of holiness and purity.
- In allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us in our daily walk and conversation.
- In the responsibility of believers to be involved in evangelistic outreach, both in the community and in the world.
1. We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything, accepting our humble position in God's created order and purpose.
Romans 1:20-21: "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened."
2. We must realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. None of us are worthy under God’s standards.
Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.”
3. God gave us the way to be forgiven of our sins. He showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:8: “But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
4. If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we repent of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will have eternal life.
Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
5. Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you are saved.
Romans 10:9-10: “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
6. There are no other religious formulas or rituals. Just call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved!
Romans 10:13: “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
7. Determine in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today.
Romans 11:36: "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen."
The Roman Road: Are You Ready?
The Roman Road shows you the path – are you ready to accept God’s gift of Salvation now? If so, believe in what Jesus Christ did for you on the cross, repent of your sins, and commit the rest of your life to Him. This is not a ritual, just a prayerful guideline for your sincere step of faith:
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”
"Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)
If you decided to receive Jesus today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
* Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
* Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
* Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time.
* Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
* Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
* Find a local church where you can worship God.
* We invite you to join us at Blue Ridge Independent Church.